Senior ConsultantApply Now
Senior Consultants are responsible for large scope components of various client engagements including the oversight of deliverables and the management of small to medium sized consulting teams.
We are currently looking to add a few more Senior Consultant level professionals to our team who have extensive experience in management consulting, and a background in analysis, problem solving, and critical thinking. Our team members tend to have an entrepreneurial streak and are excited at the possibility of building something from the ground up.
The ideal candidate would be someone with strong business acumen and relevant skills who is interested in taking on a role in business strategy, utilizing their specialties to add unique perspective and value to client projects.
- Lead a team assigned to particular client projects with a focus on the creation of deliverables and effective response to client needs.
- Drive client engagements by leading the development of strategic and tactical initiatives
- Manage relationships between all invested parties including team members, clients, and subcontractors
- Measure and monitor progress at key project milestones to ensure that project is delivered on time, within budget, and that it meets or exceeds expectations while balancing scope, schedule, budget, quality and risks, adjusting as necessary
- Represent the project team at client meetings, obtaining buy-in from senior management and clients
- Measure and monitor project progress to ensure it is delivered on time, within budget, and that it meets or exceeds expectations
- Create new client proposals and proactively identify new work opportunities at existing clients
- Define the project approach, staffing requirements, roles and responsibilities, and schedule for the project
- Operate as a DayBlink client interface in the delivery of strategic and tactical initiatives, providing exceptional client value on engagements of varying sizes and scopes
- Ensure work activities, deliverables and client contributions are aligned with client expectations
- Establish immediate credibility with clients and within the firm, building consensus and achieving goals through influence
- Drive business requirements, gap identification and omissions, to design compelling solutions
- Prepare and present clear, high quality presentations, reports, and other documents as required by the engagement
- Present actionable recommendations to senior client executives moving the client to action
Business and Practice Development
- Establish and maintain your personal “brand identity” in a particular industry, skill set or knowledge base
- Consistently strive for individual development opportunities through external and internal projects
- Identify new skills and experience required by the firm, and support the recruitment efforts
- Lead and mentor junior team members and serve as a thought partner to colleagues
- Ensure timely feedback for all team members, and adherence to internal process requirements
- Synthesize lessons from past engagements, emerging technology, processes, or strategies, or industry knowledge to contribute to the firm’s thought leadership
- Lead internal practice development initiatives with meaningful contributions
- Lead DayBlink Ventures initiatives
Required Skills & Proficiencies:
Required of all Team Members
- Strong organizational skills and able to multi-task effectively and efficiently
- Fanatical about quality with very high attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively on a team as well as independently
- Very strong work ethic
- A team player that is able to put the project or team success before their own, while also developing other members of team
- Calm and likeable demeanor
- Able to thrive in a dynamic work environment balancing priorities for efficient work-flow
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to prepare and deliver high quality presentation documents
- Ability to consistently produce outstanding results in high pressure situations
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High integrity, follow through, and detail-orientated
- Quick learner; strong technical acumen and ability to learn new technologies and technical concepts quickly
- Creative thinking and ability to seek innovative solutions to complex technical/business problems.
- Exceptionally comfortable with change, ambiguity and dynamic work environments
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office package
- Willingness to travel up to 80%
DayBlink expects all team members to contribute to our collective consulting knowledge as generalists prepared to take on a wide variety of client projects and internal initiatives. From time to time, our projects require us to look for generalists who also maintain specific certifications (CPA, CISM, CISSP, PMP, CSM, SHRM etc…) and domain expertise (cyber-security, finance, accounting, agile transformation, data science, digital transformation, etc…). Anyone with expertise in a specific field or subject in addition to more general consulting experience is encouraged to apply as our needs and opportunities are constantly evolving.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Preference for candidates with an MBA
- 3-5 years of management consulting, advisory, or professional services experience
- Ideal candidates will possess at least one area of specialization in addition to general consulting strategy/advisory experience. Preference given to candidates with specialization in any of the following fields: Finance, Accounting, Audit Assurance, Due Diligence, Procurement, Strategic Sourcing, Strategy, Cyber Security, BSS/OSS, TMT, IoT, Artificial Intelligence, Program Management
- Strong track record of success in previous full-time roles; Preference for candidates who were promoted early, recognized for their achievements, and can provide quality samples of deliverables/projects they created.
- Location: Washington, DC | Philadelphia, PA
- Salary Range: $110,00 – $130,000 Base Salary + 30% Max Bonus + Industry Leading Benefits
About DayBlink Consulting
DayBlink is a boutique management consulting firm with headquarters in the Washington, DC Metro area. We were founded in 2013 with the intention of bringing innovation to the management consulting industry by utilizing an on-going promotion system and a hybrid consulting, venture capital, and philanthropic model. We are a firm of talented and entrepreneurial professionals with experience from varying backgrounds dedicated to solving our clients’ problems in a more effective and strategic manner. We have been recognized nationally for our company culture, our employee satisfaction, and the quality of our work. We are growing and want you to be a part of our team!Apply Now