Senior ConsultantApply Now
Senior Consultants are responsible for large scope components of various client engagements including the oversight of deliverables and the management of small to medium sized consulting teams.
Founded in 2013 with the goal of approaching consulting in a new and nimble manner, DayBlink was created to stand apart from competitors. We work differently through a hybrid model, which includes consulting, venture capital, and philanthropic service. With this design, we encourage our team to approach problem solving with an entrepreneurial mindset to further enhance the core problem solving and critical thinking found in traditional consulting models.
As a small business, each member of the firm has a hand in fortifying the organization with his or her individual perspective and strengths. Our Senior Consultants are trusted to serve as team leaders and key contributors for significant workstreams in client engagements and internal operations. By having exceptional business acumen and leadership qualities, our Senior Consultants are a core part in our success and in growing the business.
We are currently looking to add Senior Consultants to our team who have a solid foundation of core consulting skills and are eager to build on their experience in management consulting with the freedom to unleash entrepreneurial ideas and solutions for our clients.
You are a leader who advocates for both your clients and colleagues. Your management consulting experience includes previous responsibility for large-scope components of various client engagements including the oversight of deliverables and the management of small- to medium sized teams. You have interest in business strategy, project management, and process improvement, utilizing your personal specialties to add unique perspective and value to a breadth of client projects.
Here’s what we expect from all our DayBlink Senior Consultants:
- Lead a team with a focus on the creation of deliverables and effective response to the needs of clients
- Lead the development of strategic and tactical initiatives for clients
- Articulate actionable recommendations to senior client executives that prompt the client into action
- Define approach, staffing requirements, roles and responsibilities, and schedule for the project
- Design compelling solutions to unique client opportunities
- Measure and monitor progress at key project milestones to ensure that the project is delivered on time, within budget, and exceeds expectations
- Drive the development of business requirements, identification and mitigation of gaps & risks to produce value for the client
- Prepare and present clear, high quality presentations, reports, and other documents as required by the engagement
- Manage relationships between team members, clients, and subcontractors
- Represent DayBlink and the project team at client meetings, obtaining buy-in from senior management and clients
- Proactively identify new work opportunities at existing clients
Business and Practice Development
- Establish immediate credibility with clients and within the firm while building consensus and achieving objectives
- Establish and maintain your personal brand identity in a particular industry, skill set or knowledge base
- Consistently strive for individual development opportunities through external and internal projects
- Lead and mentor junior team members while serving as a thought partner to colleagues
- Identify new skills and experience required by the firm and contribute to the efforts in solidifying those skills through recruitment, training peers, and producing thought leadership and business development resources
- Synthesize lessons from past engagements, emerging technology, processes, strategies, or industry knowledge to contribute to thought leadership
- Support internal practice development through meaningful contributions and deliverables
An ideal candidate will have:
- Comfort taking the lead of specific project components
- Commitment to quality and strict attention to detail
- Comfort with autonomy and a work environment that requires you to hold yourself accountable
- Composure under normal and high-pressure circumstances
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to prepare and deliver high quality presentations and deliverables with minimal review
- Strong interpersonal skills, experience collaborating effectively in a team environment and building internal and external relationships
- Strong technical acumen and the ability to quickly learn new technologies and technical concepts
- Ability to seek innovative and creative solutions to complex technical/business problems
- Comfort being a content owner for specified project components in large-scale engagements as well entire projects with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in MS Office package, specifically Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Proficiency in G-Suite package, specifically Google Slides and Sheets
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree required
- 4-7 years of management consulting and/or advisory experience
- At least one area of specialization in addition to general consulting strategy/advisory experience
- Proven work ethic and comfort with significant workload
- Ability to travel up to 80% when deemed essential
Preference will be given to candidates who have:
- Track record of excellence (promoted early, recognized for their achievements, and can provide quality samples of deliverables/projects they created)
- Location: Vienna, VA (Metro Washington DC Area)
- Competitive Base Salary + Industry Leading Benefits and Bonus
About DayBlink Consulting
DayBlink is a boutique management consulting firm with headquarters in the Washington, DC Metro area. We are a firm of talented and entrepreneurial professionals with experience from varying backgrounds dedicated to solving our clients’ problems in a more effective and strategic manner. DayBlink is an inclusive and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age. We have been recognized nationally for our company culture, our employee satisfaction, and the quality of our work in publications such as the Vault 50 and Inc. 500.