Managers provide oversight and ensure the successful delivery of engagements. They are expected to serve in a leadership and mentor role to all other consulting team members at DayBlink.
We are currently looking to add a few more Manager level professionals to our team who have extensive experience in management consulting, and a background in analysis, problem solving, and critical thinking. Our team members tend to have an entrepreneurial streak and are excited at the possibility of building something from the ground up.
The ideal candidate would be someone with strong business acumen and relevant skills who is interested in taking on a role in business strategy, utilizing their specialties to add unique perspective and value to client projects.
- Leader on high-performing client teams to deliver critical business results on engagements of varying sizes and scopes
- Establish immediate credibility with clients, building consensus and achieving goals through influence
- Create a supportive team environment, encouraging collaboration, mentoring junior team members, always leading by example
- Manage relationships with team members, clients, and subcontractors
- Ensure work activities, deliverables and client contributions are aligned with client expectations
- Create new client proposals and proactively identify new work opportunities at existing clients
- Develop and maintain meaningful relationships with clients at all levels of the client organization
- Manage scope, budget, and resource identification and assignment of projects
- Take creative risks to deliver innovative client solutions
Business and Practice Development
- Provide advice, leadership and guidance to clients and colleagues
- Ensure timely constructive feedback for all team members
- Identify new skills and experience required by the firm, and support recruitment efforts
- Synthesize lessons from past engagements, emerging technology, processes, or strategies, or industry knowledge to contribute to the firm’s thought leadership
- Utilize network of client and professional relationships to proactively identify opportunities to for new business
- Cultivate talent and provide mentorship across teams
- Experience in proposal development, including the ability to effectively sell business solutions to existing and new clients
- Lead internal practice development innovations with meaningful contributions
- Lead DayBlink Ventures initiatives
Required Skills & Proficiencies:
Required of all Team Members
- Broad-based project experience across a range of functional areas or delivery specializations
- Fanatical about quality with very high attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively on a team as well as independently
- A team player that is able to put the project or team success before their own, while also developing other members of team
- Calm and likeable demeanor
- Able to thrive in a dynamic work environment while balancing priorities for efficient work-flow
- Ability to consistently produce outstanding results in high pressure situations
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High integrity, follow through, and detail-orientated
- Quick learner; strong technical acumen and ability to learn new technologies and technical concepts quickly
- Creative thinking and ability to seek innovative solutions to complex technical/business problems.
- Exceptionally comfortable with change, ambiguity and dynamic work environments
- Willingness to travel up to 80%
DayBlink expects all team members to contribute to our collective consulting knowledge as generalists prepared to take on a wide variety of client projects and internal initiatives. From time to time, our projects require us to look for generalists who also maintain specific certifications (CPA, CISM, CISSP, PMP, CSM, SHRM etc…) and domain expertise (cyber-security, finance, accounting, agile transformation, data science, digital transformation, etc…). Anyone with expertise in a specific field or subject in addition to more general consulting experience is encouraged to apply as our needs and opportunities are constantly evolving.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Preference for candidates with an MBA
- 9+ years of management consulting, advisory, or professional services experience
- Ideal candidates will possess at least one area of specialization in addition to general consulting strategy/advisory experience. Preference given to candidates with specialization in any of the following fields: Finance, Accounting, Audit Assurance, Due Diligence, Procurement, Strategic Sourcing, Strategy, Cyber Security, BSS/OSS, TMT, IoT, Artificial Intelligence, Program Management.
- Strong track record of success in previous full-time roles; Preference for candidates who were promoted early, recognized for their achievements, and can provide quality samples of deliverables/projects they created.
- Location: Washington, DC | Philadelphia, PA | Denver, CO
- Competitive Base Salary + 30% Max Bonus + Industry Leading Benefits
About DayBlink Consulting
DayBlink is a boutique management consulting firm with headquarters in the Washington, DC Metro area. We were founded in 2013 with the intention of bringing innovation to the management consulting industry by utilizing an on-going promotion system and a hybrid consulting, venture capital, and philanthropic model. We are a firm of talented and entrepreneurial professionals with experience from varying backgrounds dedicated to solving our clients’ problems in a more effective and strategic manner. We have been recognized nationally for our company culture, our employee satisfaction, and the quality of our work. We are growing and want you to be a part of our team!Apply Now